Raleigh Review is a nonprofit magazine of poetry, short fiction, and art that offers accessible works of experience that are both emotionally and intellectually complex. At Raleigh Review we believe that great literature inspires empathy by allowing us to see the world through the eyes of our neighbors, whether across the street or across the globe. Our mission is to foster the creation and availability of accessible yet provocative contemporary literature through our biannual magazine as well as through workshops, readings, and other community events.
Submissions are open January-March for the Fall issue (closed April-May-June)
and July-October for the Spring issue (closed November-December).
- January - March we are open to Short Fiction & Poetry
- July - October we are open to Poetry
- October 1 - October 31 we are open to Short Fiction
- December 10 - 25 (or until we reach 100 holiday poetry submissions). Poetry only. This project is for a fee free waiver based on financial hardship. Limited to up to 3 poems. While this category is open to all who cannot swing the small fee, this project is designed to serve those who are based in cash-only international communities in the developing world. We reserve the right to close this project at anytime.
Submissions for our Laux/Millar RR Poetry Prize open Jan 1 - June 1, (Even Years).
Submissions for our Flash Fiction Prize will be open July 1 - October 31, (Every Year).
Submissions for our Multi-Genre Geri Digiorno Prize open Jan 1 - June 1, (Odd Years).
Thanks for your interest in Raleigh Review. We look forward to reading your work.
GERI DIGIORNO PRIZE GUIDELINES:
NOTE ON SUBMITTING MULTI-GENRE
JUDGES of the FINALISTS: Dorianne Laux & Joseph Millar
The contents of each submission can be either:
- 2 poems and a work of visual art (Possible Cover Inclusion)
- 2 poems and a work of flash nonfiction (1000 word max on the flash nonfiction)
- 1 poem and 1 work of visual art and 1 work of flash nonfiction.
-Visual Artists should be prepared with a high-resolution version of their files upon their work's acceptance to the magazine (large dimension PNG set at 300 dpi).
OPEN: January 1, 2023 - June 1st, 2023
CONTEST ENTRY FEE: $5
GRAND PRIZE: $300